Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic aligner made from advanced dental-grade plastic. It is a great alternative for metal braces and offers a host of benefits.
Invisalign is the perfect choice for patients who want to get their teeth alignment issues fixed discreetly. Our dentists at Tilden Dental Group are certified Invisalign providers and have helped many patients restore their smiles and confidence with Invisalign.
Read on to learn more about the advantages of choosing Invisalign.
Advantages of Choosing Invisalign
- The aligners are made from transparent materials, making them unnoticeable when you talk, laugh, or smile.
- The treatment with Invisalign is based on state-of-the-art technology. Every stage of the treatment - from scanning the teeth, simulating their movement, fabricating the aligners, and tracking the treatment progress, is carefully monitored using innovative solutions.
- Invisalign is made from shape-memory materials that ensure a perfect fit and apply consistent pressure on the teeth to move them into position.
- The aligners do not contain any metal components such as brackets or wires and won’t cause any soft tissue injuries.
- Invisalign aligners are removable as needed such as when you eat or brush your teeth.
- With Invisalign, you won’t need to make any changes to your diet since you can conveniently remove the aligners and eat what you want.
What Does the Invisalign Treatment Entail?
At Tilden Dental Group in Chicago, Illinois, the first step in the treatment with Invisalign is a thorough screening. During this process, our dentists will assess the severity of your alignment issues and your candidacy for Invisalign.
Next, Dr. Tilden will take digital scans and X-rays of your teeth to use as a reference for fabricating the aligners and map out how the teeth should move during the treatment. The images captured by the hand-held scanner will be displayed on a chairside computer screen where you can see the expected results.
Once the aligners are ready, we will schedule a follow-up consultation and guide you through how to use your Invisalign aligners.
We will provide a new set of aligners once every two weeks that allow you to advance to the next stage of treatment.
The aligners have to be worn for at least 22 hours every day to move the teeth to the desired position. If you have to eat or brush your teeth, you can remove them. Before putting them back on, you must clean your teeth thoroughly.
Based on the severity of the malocclusion, the treatment period will last between 6 and 18 months.
To learn more about the benefits of Invisalign, contact Tilden Dental Group by calling (312) 664-6616, scheduling an appointment online, or visiting our office at 331 E Ontario St, Chicago, IL 60611.