Tilden Dental Group - Providing Cosmetic & Restorative Care Since 1980
**5/19/2020 Coronavirus Update**
We are looking forward to a June 1st GRAND REOPENING and have instituted incredible measures to protect you and your loved ones! See below.
Tilden Dental Group is also taking measures to help control the reach of this virus...
We regret to inform you that in accordance with recommendations made by our Illinois Governor and the American Dental Association regarding Coronavirus, we will be temporarily closed from March 16 – May 30th. (Except those select, pre-arranged patients who we called/emailed/texted to confirm their special appointments.)
Here we will be posting any new updates pertaining to the office closure.
We will have limited administrative hours during this time and want to minimize face-to-face interaction, so please do not come to the office for scheduling, insurance/billing questions, etc.... contact us primarily by email: INFO@DRTILDEN.COM or leave us a voicemail. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you’re having an urgent dental emergency, call Dr. Zachary Tilden’s cell phone at:
seven-7-three, triple eight, three-one-three-8
In the meantime, keep following social distancing, hand washing, and covering your cough!
STAY HOME. HELP STOP CORONAVIRUS IN ITS TRACKS.
Dr. Jordan and Zachary Tilden & Our Staff
**Protective measures being put into place:
Our Staff: We will not let a sick employee work on a patient, so we are doing a daily health screening, plus taking everyone's temperature prior to starting the day. Even if a clinician is not symptomatic, when they wear their N95 mask for the duration of your visit, you have almost no risk of contracting an airborne illness since no respiratory droplets will be expelled into the air.
Patient and Public Protection Measures:
1. Pre-screening and day-of-visit screening questionnaire for Coronavirus/ general illness. We don't want sick patients out of the house or at surrounding businesses, so we will postpone dental care until you are well. Help everyone by staying home when you are sick with any illness.
2. Patient temperature being taken on site. Those at/over 100 degrees will be sent home, given a mask (if they don't have one already), then advised to contact their doctor and quarantine. After 2 full days without fever, one can resume normal daily activities and dental care!
3. Social distancing: Waiting room will have no more than 1 client present -clients will be asked to wait outside or in the open hallway until called to be brought directly into the treatment room. You will see us clinicians in more extensive protective equipment, and probably never without a N95 mask, even when casually talking with you. (Prior to these precautions, we would just put on the basic mask when working on your mouth directly.)
4. Sanitization: all common elements (pens, door handles, sanitizer dispensers, countertops, phones, computers, etc) are disinfected with hospital-grade wipes 4+ times daily. Treatment rooms are still disinfected using hospital-grade disinfectants and pressure-heat sterilization machines for the dental instruments. Coronavirus, flu virus, strep, and all of the bad microbes are easily killed in 1 minute by high-level disinfectants used in hospitals and dental offices.
5. Air hygiene: NEW EQUIPMENT includes 2 chairside HEPA-filtered suction units that capture aerosols created from dental care (for tooth fixing, not necessary for teeth cleanings), expanded intraoral suction unit to capture more aerosols than traditional suction devices, 3 HEPA + air ionizers from Coway Airmega (ionization destroys and pulls airborne viruses and bacteria out of the air, while HEPA filtration traps them and prevents stagnant air within the office).
History of this Closure:
We started with a closure from March 16-April 1, then when social distancing guidelines and school closures extended to April 7th, we extended the closure to April 7. This was further extended to April 30th and the latest guidelines in Illinois have extended the stay-at-home order to the end of May.
Why does the dentist office need to close?
1. We must conserve what little personal protective equipment (PPE) we have remaining. It's next to impossible at this time to get more PPE, including the masks, gloves, etc (due to hospital demand).
2. While we are doing health screenings to identify patients who might unknowingly have a fever/cough/shortness of breath, that does not guarantee a person doesn't have the virus. The shelter-in-place and social distancing measures are instituted to avoid inadvertent spread of the virus. First, we don't want to draw people out of their homes to visit us if it's not an emergency. Second, we don't want to have our staff or dentists accidentally infected -they would potentially spread the virus to their significant other, friends, family, and anyone they encounter when not wearing a mask in the clinical setting.
Our father-and-son dental team welcomes you to their Streeterville dental office. Dr. Jordan J. Tilden and Dr. Zachary Tilden offer cosmetic and restorative dentistry to help patients enjoy their best smiles. We back-up our treatments with a commitment to ensuring natural, lasting results.
Come to the practice that treats you like family!
If you’re looking for a dentist near you in Downtown Chicago, contact us at Tilden Dental Group. You can also find our practice online through Facebook using the link at the bottom of the page.
Contact Us Schedule An Appointment
Our Mission: To make your wishes a reality by providing the highest standard of dental care in a state-of-the-art facility with a welcoming, informative, and relaxing atmosphere.
Conservative Dental Care for Healthier Smiles
Tilden Dental Group is committed to dental care that has a positive impact on your life. Whether you’re looking to improve overall oral health, or issues that require attention and restoration, we offer services to promote healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime. Most notably, both of our doctors are truly gifted when it comes to saving teeth when other dentists have recommended the tooth be removed and replaced with an implant.
Our doctors focus on restorative and advanced procedures for patients with common cosmetic flaws and dental health issues, including missing and damaged teeth. Our services include:
• Invisalign® Clear Aligners
• Dental Implants
• Sleep Apnea Treatment
• Full Mouth Reconstruction
With additional cosmetic services that include tooth-colored fillings and teeth whitening, our team creates care plans that allow your smile to look radiant and healthy. Whenever possible, our Streeterville dentists work hard to preserve healthy parts of your smile and avoid unnecessary procedures.
What Makes Us Different?
During your patient consultation, we take the time to listen to your goals, then educate you on available treatment options and your current oral health status. Our goal is to make a care plan that fits your budget, lifestyle, aesthetic desires, and timetable. We want to create a strong relationship with you and to ensure you have confidence in knowing you have everything you need to achieve a bright new smile! This is why our dental office also frequently hosts community service events to promote healthier smiles throughout downtown Chicago!
The doctors also practice what's called "minimally invasive dentistry", which is a part of the contemporary preventative dentistry model. This is a new model that follows the dental research related to remineralization of our teeth. Did you know you can reverse small cavities? When the doctor sees a tiny cavity starting he will not always jump to place a filling, but instead will advise you of how to reverse that cavity yourself! Obviously not all cavities are candidates for remineralization though.
Meet our Streeterville Dentists -- Call Us Today!
Tilden Dental Group has proudly served our community in downtown Chicago for over 30 years. In decades of caring for patients, we have adopted an approach to dentistry that is gentle, minimally invasive and considers patients as vital parts of the process to save their teeth. At Tilden Dental Group, we work in partnership with you to cooperatively support your oral health.
If you’re looking for lasting cosmetic dental care and restorative dental services, our trusted Streeterville dental office is here to help! Contact Dr. Jordan Tilden and Dr. Zachary Tilden today to schedule your next appointment or consultation. We gladly serve patients from nearby Chicago neighborhoods including Gold Coast, Old Town, and River North, Illinois!
Follow Us/Patient Reviews: